BRC Packaging Certification
Safety & Risk
Environment & Energy
Good Industry Practices
BRC Packaging Certification Standard for packaging and packaging products:
BRC Packaging Certification Global Standards, in partnership with The Packaging Society (IOP), created the BRC IOP Global Standard for packaging and packaging products to meet the demand. Like all GFSI-recognized standards, it incorporates feedback from key industry stakeholders to ensure it’s comprehensive enough for the global food industry.
What is BRC Global Standard for packaging and packaging products:
The Standard applies primarily to the manufacturing of converted packaging used in food packaging and filling operations. It is also intended to apply to: prior converting operations; operations supplying packaging materials from stock where additional product processing or repacking occurs; and, consumer disposable goods that come into contact with food that are made from packaging materials or material intended for food preparation.
Why BRC Packaging Certification :
- meeting the needs of retailers and brand owners to reduce the audit burden
- better recognition of the diversity of the packaging industry and its customers’ demands
- encouraging greater transparency and traceability in the supply chain
- encouraging adoption of the Standard as a means of improving product safety at small sites and facilities where processes are still in development.
Benefits of the BRC Packaging Certification
- increase transparency and product traceability within the supply chain
- improve the security and hygiene of your products
- raise customer satisfaction
- Improve supplier standards and consistency, and avoid product failure
- Eliminate multiple audits of food manufacturers such as product development, or specific quality issues
The BRC IOP Standard is applicable for:
- Glass manufacture and forming
- Papermaking and conversion
- Metal forming
- Rigid plastics forming
- Flexible plastics manufacture
- Other manufacturing
- Print processes
- Chemical processes
How can Smartedge help to get started?
- Gap Analysis: Assessment of existing management system practices against the selected standard requirements.
- Project Plan: Prepare a implementation project plan based on the time lines looking for;
- Orientation Training: Top/Senior Management orientation on selected standard requirements and implementation action plans preparation;
- Developing different levels of documentation ( Tier 1-3/4): Identification of processes required for the products produced and services provided; External and internal issues affecting the business, interested parties needs and expectations, Framing draft quality policy, organizational objectives, role, responsibility and authority, various risks affecting and opportunities arises, functional and system procedures, different implementation formats and checklists;
- System Implementation: Implementation of the selected management system as per the developed documentation;
- Company-wide Training: Training on detailed clause wise requirements and relating them to their departments and Internal audit.
- Internal Audits: Periodic assessment of system implementation and corrective actions.
- Pre assessment: Initial audit by Certifying agency, and, implementation of corrective actions.
- Final Assessment: Certification audit by the Certifying agency and recommendation for certification.