Internal Audit Outsourcing
Safety & Risk
Environment & Energy
Good Industry Practices
Introduction to IMS (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 & ISO 50001, ISO 22000 , ISO 13485 & IATF 16949) internal audits outsourcing:
All ISO certified organisations should plan for conducting internal audits at periodic intervals to determine whether their Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety Management System conforms to the established arrangements and all the System are effectively implemented and maintained.
What is Internal Audit (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 & ISO 50001, ISO 22000, ISO 13485 & IATF 16949) Outsourcing:
Internal audit is to be done in house by company personnel. It is an important tool that apprise the effectiveness of the Quality, Environment and Occupational Health & Safety management system. A good Quality, Environment and Occupational Health & Safety management management system makes several reviews and verifications to ensure that it is working properly and achieving desired results.
Why Internal (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 & ISO 50001, ISO 22000, ISO 13485 & IATF 16949 audit outsourced;
If the management of an organization found that their internal audit program is not effective they can consider outsourcing it. Outsourcing the internal audit process by a Quality, Environment and Occupational Health & Safety management professional could be a cost effective alternative. It enables employees to focus on their main jobs. Companies may not outsource the internal audit process for ever but the practice of hiring outside internal auditors can help fill the gaps during management change, shortage of internal auditors and upgrading the system.
What are the benefits outsource brings to business:
- Improve overall performance of consistent quality products/services?
- Customer end product application?
- Facilitates to identify the opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction;
- To overcome the risks and assess the opportunities;
- Effectively implemented and maintained;
Any type of manufacturing or service industry already certified to different management management systems of any certification body and any accreditation.
Approach and value proposition:
- Assess and confirm the processes, its sequence and interaction from receipt of requirements to delivery of products/ services;
- Evaluate the set quality objectives and track the achievement status;
- Monitor the issues, risks influencing the failure of commitments;
- Suitable competence determination, advising the training needs capturing mechanism and effectiveness of trainings conducted;
- Current internal audit system assessment, valuing non-conformities, reoccurrence status and assessing the effectiveness of corrective actions taken;
- Providing right inputs for the management review, communication system effectiveness and awareness level on the objectives among the process owners