Safety & Risk
Environment & Energy
Good Industry Practices
Introduction to ISO 20000-1:2018-IT Service Management System
Service businesses exist to supply their customers with intangible benefits such as providing amenities, facilities, or advice. Perhaps to an even greater extent than physical goods, success in the service sector means understanding and meeting your customers’ expectations. But, in a fast-paced, digital world, these expectations constantly change.
In today’s dynamic service environment using ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 can be incorporated with popular management methods (such as Agile, Lean or DevOps), service management frameworks and methodologies (ITIL®, COBIT®, CMMI-SVC®), and additional standards (ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 31000) into the IT service management system.
What is ISO 20000-1:2018
It is an international standard for quality management that specifically focused on IT service. It ensures that the organizational service delivery is carried out in a way that drives customer satisfaction through improved service.
This standard specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an IT SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements.
Why ISO 20000-1:2018
- To improve quality of company services;
- Demonstrate organizations ability to meet customer requirements
- To get competitive advantage,
- To demonstrate reliability.
What benefits it bring to business:
- Reduction in incidents, improved incident management, response time and interruptions to IT service
- Clarity in understanding roles and objectives
- Legal compliance and awareness
- Approach towards an integrated process to deliver IT services
- Improved customer satisfaction and client retention
- Service and delivery consistency
Whom it is applicable:
- Any organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements are fulfilled;
- Any organization that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in the supply chain;
- Service providers who intend to demonstrate their capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement that fulfil requirements;
Our Consulting approach:
- Gap Analysis: Assessment of existing management system practices against the selected standard requirements.
- Project Plan: Prepare a implementation project plan based on the time lines looking for;
- Orientation Training: Top/Senior Management orientation on selected standard requirements and implementation action plans preparation;
- Developing different levels of documentation ( Tier 1-3/4): Identification of processes required for the products produced and services provided; External and internal issues affecting the business, interested parties needs and expectations, Framing draft quality policy, organizational objectives, role, responsibility and authority, various risks affecting and opportunities arises, functional and system procedures, different implementation formats and checklists;
- System Implementation: Implementation of the selected management system as per the developed documentation;
- Company-wide Training: Training on detailed clause wise requirements and relating them to their departments and Internal audit.
- Internal Audits: Periodic assessment of system implementation and corrective actions.
- Pre assessment: Initial audit by Certifying agency, and, implementation of corrective actions.
- Final Assessment: Certification audit by the Certifying agency and recommendation for certification.