Safety & Risk
Environment & Energy
Good Industry Practices
Introduction to ISO 28000
Getting goods across borders usually involves demonstrating conformity to local or international standards or regulations, which is why conformity assessment activities such as testing and certification are inextricably linked. They prove that the goods are what they claim to be. Implementing ISO 28000 further value by offering an independent assessment of the organizations that do the testing, to demonstrate they are impartial, competent and consistent.
What is ISO 28000?
ISO 28000 is an international standard which addresses the requirements of a Security Management System (SMS) for the supply chain. It specifies the aspects to help the organization to assess security threats and to manage them as they arise in their supply chain. Security Management is related to other aspects of business management.
Why is Supply Chain Security Management System important for you?
- Demonstrate that you are an asset to your organization and that you are a trustworthy expert;
- Ensures the sufficient management and control of security and threats, coming from logistical operations and supply chain partners;
- Gain visibility in the market;
- To improve their profitability and quality.
Benefits of ISO 28000 Supply Chain Security Management System
- Global recognition
- Competitive advantage in the market
- Enhanced reliability
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Opportunity to gain new businesses
- The ability to control and manage threats within an organization
Whom ISO 28000 is applicable:
All sizes of organizations, from small to multinational, in manufacturing, service, storage or transportation at any stage of the production or supply chain.