ISO 45001 Certification
Safety & Risk
Environment & Energy
Good Industry Practices
ISO 45001 Certification
Introduction – Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
Health and safety in the workplace are the number one concern of most businesses, yet still deaths and injuries occur. ISO 45001 Certification sets the minimum standard of practice to protect employees worldwide.
According to the International Labour Organization (ILO), there are currently more than 2.78 million deaths a year as a result of occupational accidents or work-related diseases, in addition to 374 million non-fatal injuries and illnesses. Aside from the enormous impact on families and communities, the cost to business and economies is significant.
What is ISO 45001 Certification
ISO 45001 Certification deals Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, is the world’s first International Standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S). It provides a framework to increase safety, reduce workplace risks and enhance health and well-being at work, enabling an organization to proactively improve its OH&S performance.
Why to Implement ISO 45001 Certification
- Makes a safe place to work.
- reduced number of incidents,
- employee absenteeism,
- employee turnover,
- ISO 45001 Certification for reduced downtime and reductions in insurance premiums.
What benefits it brings to organizations?
- Key potential benefits from use of the standard include:
- Reduction of workplace incidents
- Reduced absenteeism and staff turnover, leading to increased productivity
- Reduced cost of insurance premiums
- Creation of a health and safety culture, whereby employees are encouraged to take an active role in their own OH&S
- Reinforced leadership commitment to proactively improve OH&S performance
- Ability to meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Enhanced reputation
- finally ISO 45001 Certification Improves staff morale
Manufacturing such as Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Hospitals, Steel, Cement, Construction, Glass, Bakery, Paper and service industry like IT, ITeS.
How can Smartedge help to get started?
- Gap Analysis: Assessment of existing management system practices against the ISO 45001 Certification standard requirements.
- Project Plan: Prepare ISO 45001 Certification implementation project plan based on the time lines looking for;
- Orientation Training: Top/Senior Management orientation on selected standard requirements and implementation action plans preparation;
- Developing different levels of documentation ( Tier 1-3/4): Identification of processes required for the products produced and services provided; External and internal issues affecting the business, interested parties needs and expectations, Framing draft quality policy, organizational objectives, role, responsibility and authority, various risks affecting and opportunities arises, functional and system procedures, different implementation formats and checklists;
- System Implementation: Implementation of the selected management system as per the developed documentation;
- Company-wide Training: Training on detailed clause wise requirements and relating them to their departments and Internal audit.
- Internal Audits: Periodic assessment of system implementation and corrective actions.
- Pre assessment: Initial ISO 450001 Certification audit by Certifying agency, and, implementation of corrective actions.
- Final Assessment: Certification audit by the Certifying agency and recommendation for certification.