ISO 50001 Certification
Safety & Risk
Environment & Energy
Good Industry Practices
ISO 50001 Certification Consulting Services
Introduction to ISO 50001:2018-Energy Management System
ISO 50001 Certification Standard Address the fallowing Concerns of stake holder of any Company.Energy is critical to organizations, but often represents a significant cost – both to them and the environment.
World energy consumption continues to rise, it has more than doubled in the last 40 years and is projected to increase a further 30 % by 2040.
Energy is the major contributor to climate change, making up nearly 60 % of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. Taking action to better manage our energy consumption not only helps the planet, it saves money for organizations and society as a whole.
What is ISO 50001 Certification
Energy management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, is a strategic tool that helps organizations put in place an energy management system and use their energy more efficiently and effectively. ISO 50001 Certification Standard -energy management system helps organizations better manage their energy use, thus improving productivity. It involves developing and implementing an energy policy, setting achievable targets for energy use, and designing action plans to reach them and measure progress. This might include implementing new energy-efficient technologies, reducing energy waste or improving current processes to cut energy costs.
What benefits will ISO 50001 Certification bring to my business?
- Greater levels of compliance to energy legislation.
- Reduced risk of incurring energy-related fines and prosecutions, and lower insurance premiums.
- Increased ability to proactively identify and address issues ahead of legislative changes.
- Improved reputation and stakeholder trust.
- Cost savings through improved energy management.
- More ethically sound and cost-effective procurement procedures.
- Reduced waste and increased efficiency.
- Sustainable energy use in the face of rising costs.
Why ISO 50001:2018
- Reduction in energy consumption
- Energy cost reduction
- Emission reduction
- The reputation of organisation.
- a) is applicable to any organization regardless of its type, size, complexity, geographical location, organizational culture or the products and services it provides;
- b) is applicable to activities affecting energy performance that are managed and controlled by the organization;
- c) is applicable irrespective of the quantity, use, or types of energy consumed;
- d) requires demonstration of continual energy performance improvement, but does not define levels of energy performance improvement to be achieved;
- e) ISO 50001 Certification can be used independently, or be aligned or integrated with other management systems.
How can Smartedge help to get started?
- Gap Analysis: Assessment of existing management system practices against the ISO 50001 standard requirements.
- Project Plan: Prepare ISO 50001 implementation project plan based on the time lines looking for;
- Orientation Training: Top/Senior Management orientation on selected standard requirements and implementation action plans preparation;
- Developing different levels of documentation ( Tier 1-3/4): Identification of processes required for the products produced and services provided; External and internal issues affecting the business, interested parties needs and expectations, Framing draft quality policy, organizational objectives, role, responsibility and authority, various risks affecting and opportunities arises, functional and system procedures, different implementation formats and checklists;
- System Implementation: Implementation of the selected management system as per the developed documentation;
- Company-wide Training: Training on detailed clause wise requirements and relating them to their departments and Internal audit.
- Internal Audits: Periodic assessment of system implementation and corrective actions.
- Pre assessment: Initial audit by Certifying agency, and, implementation of corrective actions.
- Final Assessment: ISO 50001 Certification audit by the Certifying agency and recommendation for certification.