Safety & Risk
Environment & Energy
Good Industry Practices
Introduction to IATF 16949-Automotive Quality Management System.
One of the automotive industry’s most widely used international standards for quality management, ISO/TS 16949, is evolving with the publication of a new global industry standard by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF).
ISO/TS 16949, a technical specification for automotive sector quality management systems, has become one of the most widely used international standards in the automotive industry, harmonizing the different assessment and certification systems in the global automotive supply chain.
On October 3rd, 2016 IATF 16949:2016 was published by the IATF and supersedes and replaces the current ISO/TS 16949, defining the requirements of a quality management system for organizations in the automotive industry.
The primary focus of the IATF 16949 standard is the development of a Quality Management System that provides for continual improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain.
What is IATF 16949
The IATF 16949 standard provides guidance and tools for companies and organizations who want to ensure that their products consistently meet customer requirements and that quality and customer satisfaction are consistently improved. Requirements for certification to IATF 16949 are defined in the 2016 Revision 5 of the rules for achieving and maintaining IATF recognition.
It can be used by any supplier, large or small, and should be applied throughout the automotive supply chain.
supplier providing design and development, production and, when relevant, assembly, installation and services of automotive related products, including products with embedded software.
Manufactures components, assemblies and parts for supply to the automotive industry.
Why Implement IATF 16949
- Demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products that meet customer and applicable statutory, regulatory and product safety requirements
- Enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system
- Have repeat customers, increase customer loyalty, add new clients and increase business
- Expand into new markets,
- Work in a more efficient way to increase productivity and efficiency, bringing internal costs down.
Our Consulting approach:
- Gap Analysis: Assessment of existing management system practices against the selected standard requirements.
- Project Plan: Prepare a implementation project plan based on the time lines looking for;
- Orientation Training: Top/Senior Management orientation on selected standard requirements and implementation action plans preparation;
- Developing different levels of documentation ( Tier 1-3/4): Identification of processes required for the products produced and services provided; External and internal issues affecting the business, interested parties needs and expectations, Framing draft quality policy, organizational objectives, role, responsibility and authority, various risks affecting and opportunities arises, functional and system procedures, different implementation formats and checklists;
- System Implementation: Implementation of the selected management system as per the developed documentation;
- Company-wide Training: Training on detailed clause wise requirements and relating them to their departments and Internal audit.
- Internal Audits: Periodic assessment of system implementation and corrective actions.
- Pre assessment: Initial audit by Certifying agency, and, implementation of corrective actions.
- Final Assessment: Certification audit by the Certifying agency and recommendation for certification.